Monday, February 16, 2009

#6 I love to take pictures


I carry my camera with me everywhere I go. I need it ready just in case I spot the perfect picture! I am not shy about taking pictures in stores, restaurants, or anywhere. If someone doesn't like it, they can tell me "no", but that may not stop me.

I did have a problem once. We were returning from Canada. I didn't have a digital camera at the time. The windshield of the car wasn't clean enough so I leaned out the window to take a picture of the "Welcome to New York" sign at customs. When it was our turn, the agent asked if it was a digital camera. I thought it was strange that he wanted to know about my camera! Then he asked why I was taking a picture. I told him I'm a scrapbooker. He then went on a tirade how it is illegal to take pictures at the border. I thought...if I was a spy or terrorist, I certainly would have a better camera for that kind of work. He said to the woman in the booth next to him, "What should I do?" The miserable witch said, "Take it." I was already reaching for a blank roll of film ready to change it so I didn't lose my pictures. He was fiddling on his computer, then told us to go. I have been back to Canada since, so am not on a watch list!

I also am cheap! We went to California for our son's wedding. We were there almost a week so did many touristy things. At the end of our Alcatraz trip, they had pictures of us that we could buy. Way too expensive for me, so I took a picture of the picture!

No comments: