Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Wishblade

I have a fabulous husband. I've known that for a long time, though.

Last weekend at the scrapping retreat, one of the Canadian girls had brought her wishblade. This is a machine that looks similar to a printer and hooks up to a computer. It has a blade system that cuts what you create on the computer screen. For scrappers, it is a dream. Find a font, type a title, and click "cut"!

DH stopped in to visit and I showed him the wishblade. He told me to get all the information and order it if I wanted it. I was very hesitant - cost, all the sizzix dies I've accumulated... I think those at the retreat thought I'd lost it! They couldn't believe I wasn't jumping for joy that he gave the go-ahead and I wasn't ecstatic.

I really am a frugal person, I guess, and had to convince myself this would be a purchase I could justify. On Thursday, I called Weezie in Canada with at least a thousand questions. She is such a wonderful person - patient, kind, persuasive!! She convinced me I could work the machine and to buy it. I also had a lot of pushing from my friend Sharon who lives in NJ. She was buying one and thought I needed one, too.

Friday night, I did it! I ordered my wishblade. I am calm and fine with this. I am not sure I will be the same when it arrives. I know I will be excited, but will also be a nervous wreck wondering if I will be able to figure out how to use it. I've joined a yahoo group, so maybe they can help. Poor Weezie will dread answering her phone!!

Now I have to make the effort to try to sell the sizzix dies I have. That would make me feel a lot better, I'm sure.

1 comment:

newsgirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS Patty!!!!

LOL So hesitant yet you got it! I'm sure you will love it!!!

Now, do you want to move closer to me please?? I don't see this in my future at all but would love to use it sometimes!

Joy