Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A woman who touched my life in a major way

She's not really a woman yet, but is a female. And, she's touched my life in a way no other person has. It is amazing to become a mother and there's nothing like it...until you become a grandmother. Anna is the sun, moon, and stars to me. I'm sure there aren't many people who know me that don't already know this! I was with her the moment she was born. I went to Syracuse every day she was in NICU. We started babysitting her at 2 months old when our daughter went back to college. Watching her grow and become a little person has been an experience I wouldn't trade for all the gold in the world. She's changed my life. I am working at being healthier because of her. I am a happier person because of her. I am more tolerant with life because of her. There is no way to explain the feeling I get when she sees me and her eyes light up and she shouts out "Grandmama" and opens her arms for me to hold her.

1 comment:

Traci said...

The littlest people can have the biggest effects can't they?