Saturday, April 12, 2008

Retirement can be a curse!

We are in our fourth year of retirement. It has been heaven from the beginning. We've done a little traveling, remodeled the kitchen, built a stone patio, built a barn (that could probably be a house!), had two weddings - our son and daughter 2 years apart, became grandparents to the most wonderful little girl, and basically done whatever we've wanted to do.

The curse? Well, I'll give you the perfect example. Today I did my income tax for my Creative Memories business. I did the whole year in one day. It has been a boulder on my back for the past few weeks, but I just couldn't seem to get to it. I never touched my paper work all year. You see, there is always tomorrow when you are retired. Maybe the software for Storybook Creator arrived and it would be more fun to play with that. Or there could be a Law & Order marathon to watch. Sometimes Jay will think we need to take a trip to Syracuse and how can I say no to AC Moore, Michael's, and Wegman's?

Most people have heard the saying: Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Our retirement motto is: Put it off until tomorrow and do something more fun today.

I am promising myself that I am going to get on my paper work so I am not in this spot next April. I will catch up on January, February, and March. Then I'll keep up each month so my income tax is ready January 1st. There are a few things I need to do before I get to it, though.

I have a bunch of pictures I need to print. So, after I do those...........................

No comments: