Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Anna Baby

The new love of my life is my granddaughter, Anna, who is the most precious little girl. I do believe we have a special bond. I was there when she was born and took her first picture! When she was 18 hours old, she was taken to an NICU facility 45 miles away. She spent 16 days there and I didn't miss one. I got to spend a lot of time with her and our daughter there.

Our daughter quit her job and was going back to school to become a teacher. When she went for testing and an interview, she was asked to consider occupational therapy. We encouraged her to do that and her husband was very supportive. This program will take her a year more than education because of under graduate courses she needs. So, we are babysitting 2-3 days a week to help out. This summer she is taking a course that is every day. We will have Anna 5 days a week all of June and July. I am in heaven!

The most wonderful feeling is walking into the house and seeing her smile when she sees me. She is only 5 months old, but I know she knows who we are and that is worth more than money. Of course we are putty in her hands and she knows that. Anna and I have a special song - Grandma's made-up verses to "Rubber Ducky". When I sing "Anna Baby" she lights up.

Tomorrow is a babysitting day and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

How nice to see you writting again...it has been too long!

And Anna sure is lucky to have you and Jay as grandparents..