Monday, May 12, 2008

SS Challenge #17

Tell us about your most prized possession, why you value it, and what makes it special to you.

The first two things I thought of when I read this challenge were a t-shirt and a rubber toy I have that belonged to my brother. My brother was born 1 1/2 years after me. He was born with a tumor on his tongue. Back in 1951 they had no idea what to do for him. I remember him well. I remember playing with him, hiding behind the bed, cutting his hair and wondering how my parents knew because I hid the clippings in a drawer, going for walks with our mom, waiting on the porch steps for our dad to come home from work, and his funeral. He died when he was almost 3 and I was a little over 4. My mom gave me a t-shirt of his and a rubber toy. I keep them in my dresser drawer.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh how sad but how wonderful that you have so many cherished memories of your brother - especially because you were so young yourself. What a sweet story. :)