Thursday, May 03, 2007

Love At First Beat

It's time to get back to my blog. I think I wasn't posting because I figured no one would be reading, but I want to put things into words again.

This morning, my daughter called to ask me to go with her to her doctor appointment. I flew to get ready. You see, she is expecting our first grandchild in early November. I got to hear that little heartbeat. What a sensation! We had been talking in the waiting room as we looked at new born pictures in an album (not CM!!). I was saying how everyone thinks their baby is so beautiful, but very few brand new babies are cute. Well, I just know that my new grand baby will be absolutely the most gorgeous child born. I am not the kind of person to let anyone know that, but will certainly think that in my heart. They aren't finding out what s/he is which I used to agree with. All I really care about is that s/he is healthy. I pray for that.

There is a little glitch with all this. Our son is getting married on October 20 - in California. We are in central New York. Molly says she'll be at the wedding - I think she has to believe that at this point. I know it will break her heart to miss her brother's wedding. I really believe she won't be there. I just hope that she won't have the baby while I am in CA for the wedding. That would be my luck, though. It sure is going to be an interesting time in our lives!!

1 comment:

newsgirl said...

Patty - it's good to see something here again!!! I read your blog... well, I used to! LOL
so exciting about that little life that's soon going to be here!

Joy